I see it all the time in clients. You’ve gotten clear on your message, your point of view in the industry.
Then seemingly out of nowhere, you hit a wall. Fears rear their head, you get stuck, and suddenly you’ve got all kinds of excuses to keep from pulling the trigger, from putting yourself out there and getting visible.
This is something I see hold entrepreneurs back from connecting with their audience, their ideal clients, over and over again once they get clearer in their communication.
To build off the episode I did last year with Marcie Mauro to find out whether you’re really stuck or if it’s fear of being seen, I brought on Confidence and Visibility Coach Linda Ugelow to help clear up all that resistance holding you back, so you can get comfortable being in front of an audience and not just get a video done but make it something you look forward to and enjoy.
- If you’re struggling to communicate the value in what you do, I’ve opened up a few spots this month to chat. Book a Clarity Call here to get clear on your next steps.
- Are you in the Unforgettable Facebook group yet? Join us!
- It would make me smile BIG if you rate & review Unforgettable in iTunes.
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- How to work through resistance to being seen and heard when you are recording a video or sharing a stance in your industry
- Why fear that comes up when you think about being visible is a GOOD thing (and why it’s – mostly – bad advice that all you need to do to get comfortable in front of your audience is to just do it)
- Her forgiveness practice to release the fear she had around doing periscope live broadcasts (and how to teach your inner critic how you want to be spoken to)
- Exercises to make being on camera feel like play rather than work AND to connect with your audience in a way that makes you feel energized and more YOU
Links from the Episode:
- Linda’s “10 practices for overcoming fear in front of the camera” (now called “The Fear to Fabulous Blueprint: Master the Inner Game of Speaking on Stage or Camera with Confidence and Charisma”)
- Linda’s fabulous crowd-sourced blog post (that I contributed to!): “47 Speakers Share Their Expert Advice on Overcoming Nervousness in Front of a Crowd”
- Gay Hendricks “The Big Leap”
- Unforgettable Podcast #44: Are You Really Stuck or is it Fear of Being Seen with Marcie Mauro
P.S. Next week I’ll help you find out what you really do. This will make others instantly place a higher value on your work. And it’s not your process, your tools, or your method…
Hi! I’M ADRIA DECORTE, M.S., Clarity Coach
Drawing on my design and strategic background as an architect turned ecologist turned health coach, I help coaches and mission-driven entrepreneurs convert clients by aligning their core message so they become unforgettable and their potential clients understand exactly how they’re going to help them and are excited to work with them.
WANT CLARITY ON WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM THE CROWD?
Sign up here to discover the compelling way to talk about what you *really* do to eliminate competition and convert clients.