On this week’s #FeedYourHustle episode, take an inside look at the burnout story of an expat entrepreneur and how she recovered by learning how to slow down from the culture around her. I talked with Jackie Johnstone about living in France, recovering from burnout, and setting up your business for maternity leave.
“We all have to find our balance and what works for us and it’s not easy for anyone…” Despite what it looks like on social media. – Jackie Johnstone
- YOUR NEXT STEP: BOOK YOUR HUSTLE CLARITY CALL with me so we can uncover what’s keeping your from feeding your hustle
- JOIN US! Are you in the FYH group yet? It’s THE place to talk about the self-care balancing act behind your ambitions.
- If you get value from Feed Your Hustle, please rate & review it in iTunes. It only takes a sec to impact our ranking & help our sisters find the podcast!
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Key #feedyourhustle lifestyle habits she’s learned from being a Type A North American expat in the French slow-paced culture
- What she did (and didn’t do) to recover after burnout (hint: it took 3 months until she was no longer “creatively tapped out”)
- The boundaries she’s put in place to prevent future burnout (both you and I must apply these immediately!)
- Why 30 minutes of movement a day is essential for her mental health and her go-to workout living in a country without a gym culture
- How she planned out maternity leave from her business (and then had to rearrange everything when her son arrived 2 months early and her best laid plans fell apart)
Links from this episode:
What small step are you going to put in place today to prevent burnout a few months down the line?
Share with me in the comments below!
Warmth and joy,
P.S. Click here to book your Hustle Clarity Call!
As an Architect turned Plant Scientist turned Healthy Living Strategist, I help female entrepreneurs who don’t want to choose health over hustle make healthy living part of their business plan.
WANT TO JOIN ME? (YOU’LL LOVE IT.)
Sign up here to join my lovely community and get actionable & strategic insight every week. (It’s free!)